When the ADSL/DSL light is flashing amber or switched off, you won’t be able to connect. If you experience this, please run through the checklist below.
• Check if the phone line has a dial tone and if it’s working
• Check if the cables for the router and computer are connected correctly
• Remove any other devices from the phone line, e.g. fax, Digital box, etc.
• Change the micro filter which is the white square box between the BT phone socket and ADSL router. This is sometimes referred to as a 'splitter'
• Make sure that you are connected to the master phone socket and not using any extension leads
• Connect directly into the test socket by removing the front face plate on the master socket to see if this connects
If you have checked all of the above and still cannot connect, please contact our support team for further diagnostics.