Claranet has made an update to the webhosting platform upgrading the PHP version to 7.2. Claranet will be making the final change to 7.2 on the 17th January 2022 and PHP 5.5 will no longer be available.
This has been done to allow for the latest versions of Wordpress and, more importantly, for security of the platform and our customers data.
Our customers can switch between PHP versions 5.5 and 7.2 via the admin portal for your domain in the mean time for testing your website compatibility, your guide for this is below.
What to do Next:
Login here: https://admin.clarahost.co.uk/login
• Once logged in please select your domain on the left
• Go to Web at the top menu, here you can change between the PHP versions and select Submit.
• Please allow for up to 15 minutes for the change to go through
Please note: If you upgrade to PHP version 7.2 and you have a MySQL database, you *must* reset the database password, you only have to do this the first time!
• Click on Databases on the top right
• Select Edit Password and type a new password, you cannot use the same password however adding an extra character is sufficient
• FTP into your webspace and find the wp-config.php file and edit
• Under the MySQL database password update the old password and save
If you have any questions or need further support please contact our team on 0800 640 8010 or email firstname.lastname@example.org